incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 23:03:37 GMT

--- Mar 29/5/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:

> > The idea that we have remaining issues with Category-B
> > tarballs in the tree has been around since before the
> > release, and one of our mentors (Ross I recall) did
> > acknowledge my point of view.
> >

> Again, I don't see an issue here.  But if you feel
> strongly about this you are welcome to copy the
> ext_sources over to Apache Extras and do a
> trivial update of the build
> script.   Whatever makes you happy.

I am busy at the moment, plus doing this will
mean I have to suspend the updates I was working
on.

I think I will start next week. I will only move
Category-B code and I will disable it from the
buildbots too: it's rather inconvenient to have
the buildbot depend on downloading extra tarballs.

This is admittedly a stop gap solution to comply
better with the Apache policies, the real fix would
be to work collectively on replacing the code that
can be replaced:

rhino --> Google V8
nss   --> openssl
Seamonkey --> Mulberry library

but that doesn't seem to be a priority for 4.0 :( .

Pedro.