incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Meeks <michael.me...@suse.com>
Subject Re: Request for Apache License for CWSs
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 14:00:37 GMT

On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 13:54 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> There are a lot of CWSs in http://hg.services.openoffice.org/. The files
> are still under LGPL3. Some of these CWSs are relevant for LO and for
> AOO. It it possible to get these CWSs under APL2.0?

	Right ! so I've been delaying the ask until I have an accurate list,
but since that's taking a bit of time, here is a (possibly incomplete)
list of useful CWS' that we have code integrated from:

	cws ause130
	cws aw084
	cws calc65
	cws gnumake4
	cws impress210
	cws impressdefaults1
	cws mav58
	cws ooo340fixes
	cws ooo34gsl01
	cws ooo34gsl10
	cws ooo34gslstop1
	cws sw34bf06
	cws writerfilter10

	If we can't get them under AL2.0 in time, then we will need to
incrementally remove and re-write them on a per-file basis I imagine -
which would be unfortunate but not debilitating.

	Of course - now that we have some sort of list, further clarity on the
process by which these LGPLv3, Oracle owned CWS become AL2.0 is much
appreciated.

	Michael S. had a few others that had useful features not-yet-merged in
mind.

	HTH,

		Michael.