incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: "How To Install Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Via PPA On Ubuntu 12.04/11.10"
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 23:59:43 GMT
On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 16:33 -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 05/10/2012 03:50 PM, Andrew Rist wrote:

> >> This is added to the instructions page now...
> >>
> > Are we comfortable with this install? Do we know who upubuntu are?
> > As far as I can tell, they have done a file dif on an installed system
> > and zipped up the file changes and delivered them in a .deb (over
> > simplification - but you get the idea)
> > I think this packaging falls short in terms of proper structuring of
> > dependencies, managing the overlap with LO on the system, and general
> > PPMC control of the package. Pointing it out on the G+ is one thing,
> > writing it into our instructions might be something to rethink.
> >
> > A.
> >
> Well you have a point...it can easily be removed by me or anyone who can
> edit the page.

Hi Kay,

Since it's there now, I wouldn't run up and yank it down, but I am
rather close to doing so..depending. It definitely includes all the
mimetype icon replacements and changes to system menu settings, as you
can see from browsing the ppa logs - it if messes up the system I likely
will update the page though, alright?

//drew