incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: hsqldb19: Updating HyperSQL
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 21:57:51 GMT
On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 16:43 -0500, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi Drew;
>
> On 05/10/12 16:35, drew jensen wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 16:24 -0500, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> >> Hi guys;
> >>
> >> For 4.0 we have a task without owner to bring in the hsqldb CWS.
> >>
> >> I would like to help in that but I am not good at using Hg and there
> >> appears to be some sort of a mess ... Looking at the web interface:
> >>
> >> http://hg.services.openoffice.org/cws/hsqldb19/
> >>
> >> It would appear like there is only one changeset??
> > 1.9 is rather out of date, hsql is at 2.2.x currently.
>
> It works with 2.2.x, the CWS was started when 1.9 was current.
>
> > Are you sure this is where you want to put your efforts - It would be
> > really a good thing, IMO, to maybe take a look at removing Base as a
> > standard package, moving it to an extension, and leaving behind a
> > runtime package for ODB files.
>
> The idea is good, however I think it should be updated first since
> the hard part of that is already done.

Ok - well, it shouldn't hurt right - then again I really feel that the
developers on base ended up paying a heavy price with their time from
the decision to field the embedded hsql sdbc - overall it is much better
now then it was, that's true enough - anyway, it you think it's a
reasonably fast change to finish, it would be nice to have use of the
stored procedures...

//drew