incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: "I want to stay informed about OpenOffice" option for the home page?
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 19:24:09 GMT
On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 21:10 +0200, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 05/04/2012 06:26 AM, schrieb drew:

For

> > <snip>

> >> Hi Marcus
> >>
> >> Nice, looked those over - took some inspiration from that and worked up a graphic,
thinking of course that this is going to a keep_in_touch type screen - Is that right, what
the idea was now.
> >> Anyway - here is a png of the idea, I've again used the Oo.o 3 series
> >> branding element, the wire wave - altered that just a tad with a change
> >> form white to the current logo blue.
> >>
> >> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/g6897.png
> >>
> >> What do you think?
> >

> > Made a change to that, can see a png as
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/rect17764.png
> >
> > and the inkscape file as
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/keep-in-touch_.svg
>
> Great.
>
> Please note that you have to make them a bit smaller (like the others on
> "www.openoffice.org") and then I don't know if the text will still be
> readable.
>
> "http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/g6897.png" seems to be better, bright
> green color for the envelope and no border. Maybe also a little "f" for
> our Facebook fans?

Right - facebook, knew I was missing something ;-)

Well, actually this works for me - I'm going to a barcamp on the 19th
and figured I'd better have a little 12 slide presentation on the
netbook - I figure that's a cool graphic for a page listing our
channels.

I should of thought about the real image size for those buttons, feel
dumb, I'll take a stab at that.. the text will go away then I would
think.

//drew