incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: "I want to stay informed about OpenOffice" option for the home page?
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 03:55:09 GMT
On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 22:35 +0200, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 05/03/2012 09:48 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

> >> If we had it as a new home page option we would need an icon, similar
> >> size and color palette as the others. But an icon of what?
> >

> > well...maybe one of more "artistic" members could weigh in on this
> > one... I don't have any ideas...
>
> I think that a blackboard or megaphone could fit as icon. Some examples
> (don't look to close to content and size)
>
> http://www.thegraphicmac.com/wp-content/uploads/aps_facebook-notify-icon.jpg
>
> http://www.trueswitch.com/images/notify_icon_big.gif
>
> http://ranchero.com/images/nnw3.2AppIcon-512.png
>
> http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/snake3d/snake3d1111/snake3d111100038/11270762-megaphone-sale-announcement-loudspeaker-news-communication-icon-golden-red-bullhorn-message-symbol-a.jpg

Hi Marcus

Nice, looked those over - took some inspiration from that and worked up a graphic, thinking
of course that this is going to a keep_in_touch type screen - Is that right, what the idea
was now.
Anyway - here is a png of the idea, I've again used the Oo.o 3 series
branding element, the wire wave - altered that just a tad with a change
form white to the current logo blue.

http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/g6897.png

What do you think?

//drew