incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nancy K <nancythirt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Feature idea - prompt users to fill user information meta data
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 02:00:09 GMT
These are wonderful ideas! If the person that installs OpenOffice gets a thank you notice PLUS
links to help customize their experience - i.e. template links, etc.   Everyone likes to
personalize - and it also leaves a good feeling when you get an unexpected bonus.

I have an idea for a thank you design or maybe an email design - tell me what you think:
	* An international envelope design -
	* http://www.123rf.com/photo_4088994_airmail-letter-with-uk-postage-meter-stamp.html
	* http://www.123rf.com/photo_9237063_blank-air-mail-letter-from-ivory-coast-with-football-world-cup-stamp-on-it-cancelled-in-agboville.html (using
the wings and OpenOffice in place of the plane and par avion )

	* The Apache OpenOffice logo on a stamp outline (similar to this but without any particular
country)http://www.123rf.com/photo_12662325_photo-postage-stamp-on-a-black-background.html
	* Javascript or php enabled entries so that the user WANTS to fill out the form - I very
much like this example - scroll down halfway and look at this comment box that lets the user
fill out the name, etc. This is a lot more talent than I have, but the general idea http://www.livingdesign.info/2012/04/30/incept-by-alex-teuscher/#respond

Since you mention meta data, is there any organic SEO research going on at this time?  If
so, I would suggest providing any information compiled from this new form/page, old openoffice.org
audience information plus any new information gained from Google (and other) analytics in
one wiki. Possibly a future/current SEO page?  Knowing how the user found OpenOffice would
help in organic SEO keyword research. This could help us design new landing pages. Keyword
research would also reveal the words to be placed strategically in articles, blogs and the
'alt' section/title/heading tags of the html code.

Nancy

     Nancy      Web Design
Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.
Video courses on SEO, CMS,