incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Is there a AOO repo for ubuntu?
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 21:20:22 GMT
On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 16:29 -0400, Wolf Halton wrote:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Hagar Delest <hagar.delest@laposte.net>wrote:
>
> > Le Wed, 2 May 2012 19:30:22 -0300, Albino Biasutti Neto <
> > biasuttin@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> >  2012/5/2 Wolf Halton<wolf.halton@gmail.com>
> >>
> >>  Well I have both LO and AOO running simultaneously on my system right
> >>>

> >> Good!
> >>
> >> How? You used command dpkg -i --force-all *.deb
> >>

> > No need. If the Ubuntu package has been removed and you have donwloaded
> > the tarball from the LibO site, then just use the same command line, no
> > need of the --force-all option.
> >
> > The only remaining thing however seems to be the icons: I still get the
> > LibO icons in Nautilus. But they are not bad so it's not a problem (for me).
> >
> > Hagar
> >

> I am one of the odd ones who actually enjoys having multiple very-similar
> office suites available, if I can choose the one I want to work with.
> :-)         I have both sets of icons in my main menu on Ubuntu_Studio
> 12.04

Right - well, Hagar is referring not to the application icons, having
multiple installs (including as it has been for a long time, both the
distro version of OO.o and the vanilla version) - it's the file
association icons. Installing the vanilla packages doesn't update the
system settings for the file association.

That's more a question IMO about how we would want the files in the PPA
to install - as the current vanilla deb packages do, my first vote would
be for this. Though I would be in favor of offering an option to change
the file type (mime type) associations, ala Windows install.

//drew