incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started with AOO book
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 16:12:22 GMT
On Tuesday, 1. May 2012 at 12:23, Jean Weber wrote:
> The lack of interest in this book is quite conspicuous, and very demotivating for me
to continue to work on it. I've put the updated draft chapters on the ODFAuthors website and
will put the compiled draft book there soon. Then I'll go back to my travel photos and to
the LibreOffice books. Someone can let me know if/when anything happens at AOO userdocs. Cheers,
Jean

it's simply a busy time at the moment with a lot of things that have to be finished for our
3.4 release.
I personally got an upset stomach and felt not motivated to do anything. Probably the German
food was to heavy compared to Chinese food that I have enjoyed the last weeks.
But I am sure you will get many feedback when the 3.4 is out and more and more people will
seeking good documenting.
Maybe the forum is also a good place to ask for feedback. I don't know if you have asked there
as well.

Your work and the work of odfauthors is very much appreciated and very useful.

Don't be demotivated, let us think how we can promote the docs better. Maybe we can include
some reference links in our integrated help or something similar.

Juergen