incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Separation of Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 19:00:38 GMT

On May 8, 2012, at 11:34 AM, imacat wrote:

> 於 2012年05月08日 19:36, Rob Weir 提到:
>> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM, imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>>>   FYI, I found that http://zh.openoffice.org/ is a redirection to
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/zh now, which then separates into two
>>> directory trees.  The uniformed Chinese site does not exists.  The
>>> content is already separated.  Keeping a uniformed Chinese entry page
>>> does not make sense anymore.
>> Look at it also from the directory layout perspective:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/
>> Each language is a subdirectory of /ooo-site/trunk/content
>>
>> We already have an example of similar differences.  For example we
>> have both a Portuguese website (/pt) and a Brazilian Portuguese
>> website (/pt-br).
>>
>> So it sounds like you would do this;
>> 1. create a new directory, content/zh-tw
>> 2. svn copy the existing content from the old directory to the new directory
>> 3. work on that content until it is ready to publish
>
>    Hmm...  Currently they are actually two directory trees:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/zh/new/zh_tw/
> http://www.openoffice.org/zh/new/zh_cn/
>
>    So I would prefer to strip the /zh/news/ parts, and keep them as two
> equal directory trees.  Maybe keep the /zh/index.html, which redirects
> people to the new location according to their Accept-Language header,
> and provide choices if both zh-tw and zh-cn do not appear in user's
> Accept-Language header.
>
>    I think the issue is not to separate zh-tw from zh, but to separate
> existing zh-tw and zh-cn.  This is different from pt and pt-br.

Yes. There should be these actions.

(1) svn move (or copy) from zh/new/zh_tw to zh-tw
(2) svn move (or copy) from zh/new/zh_cn to zh-cn

(3) both sites then get brand.mdtext and topnav.mdtext which can be customized to Chinese.

>> 4. Enter a JIRA issue requesting Infrastructure team to create a
>> subdomain zh-tw.openoffice.org that points to content/zh-tw
>
>    As they are merely redirection, I do not think it is necessary to
> create new virtual hosts only for redirection.

Not a big deal to ask. What will users do? tw.openoffice.org and cn.openoffice.org?

>> 5. Maybe also ask Infra to redirect requests from the old site to the new site
>
>    Good idea. ^_*'  Thank you.

zh.openoffice.org/new/zh_tw/  should redirect to www.openoffice.org/zh-tw
zh.openoffice.org/new/zh_cn/  should redirect to www.openoffice.org/zh-cn

zh.openoffice.org/index.html should redirect to www.openoffice.org/zh/index.html that offers