incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DOWNLOAD][DRAFT] "other.html" created automatically
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 21:28:39 GMT
The page has not changed in IE9.

However, if I select the correct-incompatibility option used for older sites, the page comes
through just fine [;<).

I don't have to do that with the current static page.

I suspect this has to do with JavaScript CDATA and comment tricks.  It might be good to use
a specific !DOCTYPE and not the one that implies HTML 5 validity.

 - Dennis

PS: With everyone bitching about IE incompatibility for so long, the IE9 and later ones have
been made very strict with regard to standards compliance.  There is now a button to go back
to the old looser ways and that works for this page [;<).

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus (OOo) [mailto:marcus.mail@wtnet.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:54
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DOWNLOAD][DRAFT] "other.html" created automatically

Am 05/22/2012 02:29 AM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> PS: I do see the tables in Chrome.  It is still the case that the table of content has
a link only for the "Important Notes."

Yes, there are no labels inside the table, so links in the TOC doesn't
make sense. I could try to put some in.

> Also, the SDK Source has the tar.bz2 in the Windows column and the zip in the deb column.

The SDK links are correct. You may mean the source code tarballs?
Regardless were I put them it wouldn't fit as there are of course not
platform-specific. And to create an own row with a little header is IMHO
too much for just 3 files.

> The cells and the captions look clean in the Chrome presentation.

OK

> In IE9 there are no tables, although two of the captions show up at the bottom of the
page that does display.  Those are the "Language\the names do not refer to countries." and
"Type" captions, with no others.  These are down after the Copyright information.  There is
also some empty region on the left side of the page where it looks like the first table should
appear.

I've no IE9 available, so cannot trest myself. With my Firefox I've
problem. So, I would guess it's at least no general problem.

Is it still a problem for you when browsing again? Maybe after deleting
the cache and enabling/disabling proxies?

Do others have the same problem or similar ones?

Thanks

Marcus

 The only link in the top list is for "Important Notes."