incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Performance!
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 16:34:17 GMT
I believe the correct baseline is neither LO nor Microsoft Office, but OpenOffice.org 3.3.0.
 And then successive versions of AOO starting with 3.4.  It is the performance that this project
has some responsibility for.  LO and MSO performance are someone else's business.

It is useful to know about interoperability performance cases if there is a situation where
users of AOO are thwarted by a capacity, functionality, or speed issue that matters in accomplishing
their work.  That also alerts us to areas for us to work on.  But serious quantitative assessment
is a technical matter and it needs to be focused on our product, not one that is not our responsibility.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Xia Zhao [mailto:lilyzhao8@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 02:27
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Performance!

I have replied in private mail list... And now replied here again.

Usually we should have AOO 3.4 performance data before we ship it..... What
we should do now is building the performance baseline for AOO 3.4, and
comparing with LO and MS office. Actually we are doing that now, try to
build AOO 3.4 performance baseline using automation tool proposed in the
community, that is, GUI+Lib. But it need time.

I'd like give manual performance data for AOO 3.4 first. I have had some of
the data.

Best regards,

Lily