incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 22:28:36 GMT
Yes, that is a meaning for "dour" in English also.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paulo de Souza Lima [mailto:paulo.s.lima@varekai.org]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 15:10
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams

2012/5/20 Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>

	I was curious about "sisudo" also:

Great! =)

Also can mean a person who doesn't smile ever.

=D

	  Significado de sisudo no Dicionário inFormal online de
	  Português. O que é sisudo: Sério, firme, enfático.
	  Prudente, sensato.

	I think you might have been thinking of "dour" although that word is not used much.  Beside
serious, firm, and emphatic there is also prudent and sensible.  But perhaps there is something
about stern, harsh, obstinate, and unyielding too?

	I apologize for my contribution to that impression.

	 - Dennis