incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: UPDATE
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 16:07:14 GMT
There are two locations involved with installations of Apache OpenOffice 3.4 on a Windows PC.

1. The location that you downloaded the install (.exe) package to.

2. The location of a folder in which the install extracts its setup files before they are
run.  You are prompted to choose a directory for this location.  The default location is on
the desktop of the user account you are running the install under.  This folder and the files
extracted into it are not automatically deleted.

Neither of these are required after the setup runs successfully if you don't want to retain
them.

You might need to reboot your computer to remove any lingering file-system locks, but it seems
you have had to do that already.  You might also need to be administrator to perform the deletion
if, for some reason, the locations were created under administrator privileges.

It is not clear why any of these cannot be deleted if the setup succeeded.  Have you run chkdsk
or other disk repair utility?  Is there something else unusual about your configuration?
What is the version of Windows you are running and what is the computer model?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: dan crocker [mailto:tankster2001d@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 05:12
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: UPDATE

Hello, I just updated open office through the website filehippo.com and the update installed
just fine. my problem is that I can't delete the update from my desktop where I downloaded
it to. when I right click on it to delete it my pc locks up on me and I have to re-boot it,
and sometimes when I right click on it and select delete it just spins its wheels and says
prepairing to recycle from discovering items. and when I click on more details everything
says calculating, and it never deletes. please help me get rid of this downloaded update.
thank you very much.

Daniel Crocker