incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 22:24:35 GMT
Thank you.

I see that this is about a past experience with another project.  I have nothing to say about
that.

I think Rob is correct that the Apache OpenOffice project must deal with specific situations
that the project can influence.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Paulo de Souza Lima [mailto:paulo.s.lima@varekai.org]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 15:01
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams

2012/5/20 Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>

	Please Paolo,

	What does this refer to:

	  "Do you need to fill a form when you decide to help a friend
	   or someone unknown? Most of people don't think they need.
	   So, some of us will submit their requests for contributors.
	   Some will not."

	I have no idea how this relates to the Apache OpenOffice project and those communities that
adopt, share and advocate use of the software.

Ok. Let me try to explain again. Maybe the language barrier could be making me diffiicult
to do that.

1- When OpenOffice.org were living, we had a great and promising community in Brazil.
2 - In that time, we had not to fill any kind of form to contribute and to be accepted as
a contributor. Everyone was watching what we were doing and that was enough.
3 - I don't know if you are aware about what has happened to brOffice.org NGO.
[ ... ]
7 - Some of us are not intending to fill a form in order to became a "contributor". They don't
think it's necessary, and I don't think either. despite of that they continue to do a great
job marketing AOO, without your knowledge. You don't know them, but we, brazilians, certainly
do.
[ ... ]

And Rob... There's no "abstract vollunteers" up here. There are vollunteers you don't know
and who are doing a great job, despite the fact you don't know them.

	 - Dennis

Regards.

--

Paulo de Souza Lima