incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 22:04:32 GMT
I was curious about "sisudo" also:

   Significado de sisudo no Dicionário inFormal online de
   Português. O que é sisudo: Sério, firme, enfático.
   Prudente, sensato.

I think you might have been thinking of "dour" although that word is not used much.  Beside
serious, firm, and emphatic there is also prudent and sensible.  But perhaps there is something
about stern, harsh, obstinate, and unyielding too?

I apologize for my contribution to that impression.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Paulo de Souza Lima [mailto:paulo.s.lima@varekai.org]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 10:40
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams

[ ... ]

3 - Some of them, even knowing English language, have difficulties to reach
this list because they feel, let's say, unconfortable in dealing with
"famous people" like many of you. =) Apache seems to be a serious place
(maybe too serious) for those people. They are affraid to be misundestood.
[ ... ]

Sorry but I can't remember the corresponding word in English for the
portuguese word "sisudo", so I placed the word "serious". Maybe someone can
help me because Google Translate couldn't.  =)

[ ... ]