incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Who is Page Maintainer Now? http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/cdrom/
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 18:24:36 GMT
+1

I agree.  It looks like doing a reset and then rebuilding this structure in a way that is
appropriate for Apache OpenOffice is the best way forward.

This will disadvantage some NL groups who have been maintaining the information for their
region, though.  So it needs to be a brief disruption.

Andrea Pescetti has done some work on the page today.  I suggest consulting with him on a
clean way forward.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: drew jensen [mailto:drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2012 10:48
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Who is Page Maintainer Now? http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/cdrom/

[ ... ]

There are quite a few junk links on that page, for sure.
At the moment no-one is actively working on a CD image.
We don't have a 'community distributor' program, really - right - I
think it was a good idea and still is, but this group has to carve out a
little time to figure it out anew.

so -  given the change in project, I really do think the best way
forward is to just wipe that page clean, first - and then look at what
should go in it's pace.

My opinion on that anyway, and to re-emphasize - I think we want
distributors and an information page such as this and I'll work with
others to get it back, but I really think by Tuesday the links should be
e gone.

//drew