incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 19:50:46 GMT
The extend of "bureacratic issues" will depend on the extent of support and acceptance you
require.

Without specific requests, there is no way of knowing what conditions the ASF and the Apache
OpenOffice project might set.

What do you require that constitutes "acceptance"?

What do you require that is essential as "support"?

already has ooo-general-es, ooo-general-ja, ooo-progetto-it, ooo-users-de, ooo-users-fr, and
ooo-utenti-it.  Contributors who arranged to set up and support those lists can answer your
questions here on ooo-dev.  You can also communicate with -owner of those lists (e.g., ooo-utenti-it-owner
@incubator.apache.org).  See this: <http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/native-lang.html>.

There is no PT or PT-BR (can they not be combined?) on the Apache OpenOffice Community Forums.
 There are ways to accomplish that as well.  I don't know if that would be helpful to your
community or not: <http://user.services.openoffice.org/>.  Operators of the community
forums are also found here on ooo-dev.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Paulo de Souza Lima [mailto:paulo.s.lima@varekai.org]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 11:58
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams

[ ... ]
 It would be good if we had a pt-br mailing list,
but we are using a mailing list from Escritorio Livre Community. The most
important for people up here,maybe, would have support and acceptance from
AOO without many "bureaucractic issues". We are proud to help and we help
for fun, without political or economic interests.

I think this could lead to a polemic discussion and I don't wish to be
polemic. Sorry.

[ ... ]