incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 00:20:26 GMT
<orcnote inline="true" />

-----Original Message-----
From: Paulo de Souza Lima [mailto:paulo.s.lima@varekai.org]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 16:52
To: win
Cc: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams

[ ... ]

In September there will be 2 large FLOSS events in the same week in Brazil.
FISL12 and FTSL. People will be there and we want to talk about AOO.

Can do that? Of course we are not ASF representatives, but may we talk about
the project?
<orcnote>
  Of course.  Anyone can talk about the project, so long as it is unofficial
  and people are speaking for themselves.
</orcnote>

Ask for people to join us?
<orcnote>
  Who do you mean by "us?"
  For the project, you can refer people to www.openoffice.org.  Or an
  improvement of the section starting with this page:
  <http://www.openoffice.org/pt-br/>?
  For local activities, it is up to you.
</orcnote>

Is there some way we can identify
ourselves to the project?
<orcnote>
  That depends.
  What do you have in mind?
  Something more than "Amigos do Apache OpenOffice?"
</orcmid>

[ ... ]