incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [Comment] Apache software is always free
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 01:53:35 GMT
+1

Looking good.  I would go with it.  It is certainly something that the Apache OpenOffice project
can use to refer people too.

 - Dennis

PS: A problem not for immediate solution: The link at the end about mailing lists is a little
indirect.  On the other hand, linking to the page that lists all of the mailing list archives
is not it either.  It appears that there is not a handy shallow link that finds individual
projects and information about contacting them, accessing their lists, for end users who have
questions.  Perhaps search engines will come to the rescue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Curcuru [mailto:asf@shanecurcuru.org]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 18:38
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [Comment] Apache software is always free

Since this question is coming up much much more now that we have AOO, I
figured we need an official URL and resource to point to when people ask.

   http://www.apache.org/free

Any glaring errors?  Anything I should add, or express more clearly?

The immediate driver for this as a memorable URL is the AOO podling,
since you clearly have the greatest need (with the huge non-technical
user base).  Is there anything in particular we should consider adding
to address AOO or OOo users specifically?

- Shane