incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Gianluca Turconi" ...@letturefantastiche.com>
Subject Re: LGPL vs Apache 2.0 FAQ?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 06:55:23 GMT
In data 05 aprile 2012 alle ore 14:58:01, Joost Andrae
<Joost.Andrae@gmx.de> ha scritto:

> I'm not sure if an average user is able to read legal language thus in
> my opinion such a legal comparison might not be useful at all because it
> probably needs to be written in legal language.

Indeed, I mean something much simpler. Just a page that lists questions
like:

"Can I still use Apache OpenOffice for free in any environment (school,
home, office)? Yes you can."
"Can I still copy Apache OpenOffice and install it on my
daughter's/parents'/colleagues' PCs? Yes you can."
"Can I still distribute a copy of Apache OpenOffice? Yes you can and you
are even freer. Read more [link]."

It should be a "FAQ for the average Joe", absolutely no legalese involved,
unless a distributer wants more info about brands, names and so on.

Regards,
--
Gianluca Turconi
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,