incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:54:24 GMT
Hi,

the installation wipes-out OOo 3.3 although I installed it into a
different directory. I had to deactivate Norton Sonar for the setup.exe
file because it quarantained setup.exe due to excecution of a second
thread within the binary (probably the vcredist file). This will most
probably happen to most of the Windows users who use an anti virus
solution. Maybe this will not happen if the binary is signed (rant...).
Setup wants to install into <program dir>\OpenOffice.org 3\ directory.
In my opinion the directory should be <program dir>\Apache OpenOffice 3\
because it's name changed in the meantime.

The download page should at least mention that this installation set
will replace a former installation of OpenOffice.org 3.

I had a short look at the binary on my 2.8 GHz dual core dual graphics
13" notebook with 8 GB memory and 512 GB SSD where I rerouted all
temporary and page files to a second SSD.
For me the application seems to be stable enough to ship it. I found no
problems related to load/save or import/export functionality so far.
Configuring Java is still tricky. Extensions are still functioning fine.
All modules started well. Armin's GSL work looks amazing! Bravo for this!
Within the German help index there are some broken strings.

just my 2 € Cents...

Kind regards, Joost