incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ooo-site]
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 01:32:04 GMT

On 2012-04-22 7:06 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Larry Gusaas<larry.gusaas@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Yes. I click on the PPC 3.2.1 en-US download and it gives me the current
>>> 3.3 intel. Of course I am on an Intel Mac and no longer have easy access to
>>> a PPC Mac.
>> I get the correct PPC version when I click on the link.
>>
> And I get the wrong version.
>
> So let's share some more configuration information and see what is going on.
>
> I'm running Windows XP/SP3 with Firefox 11.0
>
> I click on the link:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/localized/da/3.2.1/OOo_3.2.1_MacOS_PPC_install_en.dmg/download

I click on that link and get "Object not found!"

> But the file that SF ultimately downloads, after 5 seconds, is
> OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_install-wJRE_en_US.exe
>
> So platform and version wrong.
>
> It is not just an issue with the English version.  I tried the Danish
> link and had the same results.
>
> -Rob

I'm running Mac OS X version 10.6.8 using Safari version 5.1.5
I go to http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html and under Mac OS PPC ยน DMG/English
(US)
click on 3.2.1
That takes me to:
  http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/project/openofficeorg.mirror/stable/3.2.1/OOo_3.2.1_MacOS_PPC_install_en-US.dmg
which then automatically downloads OOo_3.2.1_MacOS_PPC_install_en-US.dmg

(Note: That particular site is extremely slow. The download took ten times longer than my

normal download.)

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada