incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Live testing of SF download mirrors
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:23:14 GMT
Hi Roberto,

the download numbers are impressive and they reflect mostly the activity
we had between releases. Directly after a release the numbers will have
peak values. I'm not sure if sf.net's load balancers will be able to
handle this kind of load alone. MirrorBrain was quite stable and the
service had to be restarted occasionally.

How many mirrors does sf.net use ?
Does it provide a bandwidth comparable to the current OOo mirror network
(AFAIR it was 2.5 TBit/s) ? For more information about the mirrors see
http://download.services.openoffice.org/mirrors/

Am 18.04.2012 14:45, schrieb Roberto Galoppini:
> Hi all,
>
> we have been testing AOO downloads for about 10 days, below our findings:
>
> - downloads per day ( http://goo.gl/jKbnC )
> - info about geographies (
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stats/map )
> - operating systems (