incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: LGPL vs Apache 2.0 FAQ?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:58:01 GMT
Hi Gianluca,

I am not a lawyer but I think the following page is informative for
people to understand how the Apache Foundation handles third-party licenses:
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

And the Legal page is worth to be read as well:
http://www.apache.org/legal/

If you want to compare the licenses then it's always helpful to take a
look at the Open Source Initiative homepage at http://www.opensource.org.

I'm not sure if an average user is able to read legal language thus in
my opinion such a legal comparison might not be useful at all because it
probably needs to be written in legal language.

Am 05.04.2012 10:47, schrieb Gianluca Turconi:
> Hello *,
>
> is there a page like "LGPL vs Apache 2.0" FAQ for Apache OpenOffice, in
> order to show explicitly to users and distributors what differences
> there are btw those licenses?
>
> Something like "Before you could do that, now you can do the same thing
> (or not)".

Kind regards, Joost