incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenOffice funds
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:59:43 GMT
Hi All,
First I'm cc'ing the public list ooo-dev@apache. Communication using that list is public.

Second, and the point of this communication:

OpenOffice.org was using SPI for aspects of fund raising and money management. With the transfer
of the code to Apache and the development of a new community around Apache OpenOffice, as
it is now called, there is no need for SPI's services.

These were good, and as the representative from OOo to SPI, I thank you for them.

Biut with the Apache fund management system, not only do we not need SPI but having it as
the manager of funds accrued prior to the transfer to Apache only complicates matters. We
would like to to have those funds transferred via Wire to Apache. I can (or others who know
more) supply the relevant bank information for that.

I, and others, would like to sort this out soon, as having funds that can be used to further
develop the project split among groups, however friendly, is counterproductive.

Cheers,
Louis