incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [ooo-site]
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:45:42 GMT

On Apr 22, 2012, at 12:23 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I tried this page: http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html and you are correct,
SourceForge is serving up the wrong file. It is serving up 3.3 for x86 instead of 3.2.1 for
PPC.

>> I don't know why, but here is the page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.2.1/.
>
> Actually I can't reproduce this error, I got the right file. Can you
> please confirm that this issue is still open?

Yes. I click on the PPC 3.2.1 en-US download and it gives me the current 3.3 intel. Of course
I am on an Intel Mac and no longer have easy access to a PPC Mac.

Regards,
Dave

> Thanks,
>
> Roberto
>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> On Apr 21, 2012, at 12:13 AM, Mark McCormack wrote:
>>
>>> On this page:
>>>
>>>  http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
>>>
>>> I click the link for English (US) / Mac OS PPC DMG
>>>
>>>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.2.1/OOo_3.2.1_MacOS_PPC_install_en-US.dmg
>>>
>>> which instead switches to this page
>>>
>>>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/latest/download?_test=sidebar
>>>
>>> which forces a download for the Intel version
>>>
>>>   OOo_3.3.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg
>>>
>>> which of course does not function on a PPC Mac.  Its impossible to download the
PPC DMG.

>>> Mark in Seattle
> ====
> This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s)
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your
system. Thank you.