incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From MJ Ray <...@phonecoop.coop>
Subject Re: [Spi-private] OpenOffice funds
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:27:36 GMT
Louis
> OpenOffice.org was using SPI for aspects of fund raising and money
> management. With the transfer of the code to Apache and the
> development of a new community around Apache OpenOffice, as it is
> now called, there is no need for SPI's services.

Why is there no Apache OpenOffice listed on
http://projects.apache.org/indexes/alpha.html#O
?

I suspect the donations held at SPI are earmarked for OpenOffice.org
so can the Apache Software Foundation handle that and avoid using the
funds for foundation-level costs?  It's not clear to me from
http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

Hope that helps,