incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: logo source files
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 17:33:48 GMT

On Apr 3, 2012, at 10:10 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 4:00 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt
> <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 4/3/12 9:41 AM, Kevin Grignon wrote:
>>
>>> @Drew
>>>
>>> Where do we keep the source files for the logos?
>>>

>> I would like to suggest that we should create a new place for this kind of
>> stuff besides trunk
>>

> +1.  Getting it into SVN makes it easy to get to from the build and the
> website.

The logo is used in the build and is part of the release. We have the difficult question here
about distributing logos that are trademarks. They are included in our convenience binaries
and installers and distributions go out, etc. A corporation might make internal changes and
re-roll the package, these may be slight or be drastic.

At what point does the name and logo have to change? How do we make it easy for the downstream
provider to fulfill any requirement like this?

For AOO 4.0 do we need a build switch that will replace all AOO graphics with "AOO inside"
/ user provided graphics?

Should there be an ODF conformance test?

Whatever the rules are they must be easy to explain and easy to implement. The rules must
translate to many languages without becoming ambiguous.

Rob and I did a thought experiment a couple of months ago on what is AOO and what is not.
I think that we should revisit when the current discussions on general@i.a.o reach a conclusion.
Dennis has cataloged many (all?) of the logo's appearances in the UI.

Regards,
Dave