incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: proposed directory structure on dist
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:00:33 GMT
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Right now I have the DL friendly script setup to only use SF...which is
> setup in the "old" way. I don't think we'll be usign Apache for pre-build
> client downloads.
>
> So, I have a question -- who will be setting up the SF packs and will they
> just stick with the current structure on that system for DLs --
>
> i.e.
>
> <root>/files/stable/<version>/
> <pack name>
>
> and

> I'm hoping the answer is "YES".

Whatever we do, let's try to get a directory schem that works now and
for AOO 3.4.1 and AOO 3.5 and for AOO 4.0, etc..  This is not
something where it will be easier to clean up later.

Thinking ahead, what do we do when we have a new release, like a
3.4.1?  And what can we do now to make that future less painful?

-Rob