incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Legacy Google Analytics on the website, missing privacy policies, etc.
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 00:44:28 GMT
I found some more legacy GA issues:

1)  The wiki (wiki.services.openoffice.org) is using GA, with an
account number UA-1087265-7.  This is not under the control of the
PPMC.  I assume it is some legacy Sun/Oracle account.   We should
update this.  Also, the wiki's privacy policy is empty, meaning we've
been out of policy for a while now.    So I went in and added the
necessary language to the privacy policy, based on what we're already
using on www.openoffice.org:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Apache_OpenOffice.org_Wiki:Privacy_policy

But we still need the GA codes updated to our account.  I'll enter a
JIRA issue for that.

2) Next, the support forums, start with the main page
(http://user.services.openoffice.org/) and in each individual forum,
are using Google Analytics as well, with account UA-1087265-8.
Again, this appears to be an old Sun-era legacy account, not under
PPMC control.  That page (and the forum pages) points to a legacy
Oracle terms of service that needs to be updated.   I don't think the
privacy statement is adequate from a GA perspective either.  I don't
have permissions to modify these pages, but I'm happy to help provide
GA codes, and privacy policy text to anyone who does.

3) Finally,  I found two other GA accounts that were previously used
by the project, but are not currently in use:

extensions.services.openoffice.org UA-1087265-6
ooo.services.openoffice.org UA-1087265-1

If we decide to use GA there, we should be sure to use the new GA
account codes, not the legacy Sun ones.

Thanks!

-Rob