incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:40:41 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Joost Andrae <Joost.Andrae@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the installation wipes-out OOo 3.3 although I installed it into a different
> directory. I had to deactivate Norton Sonar for the setup.exe file because
> it quarantained setup.exe due to excecution of a second thread within the
> binary (probably the vcredist file). This will most probably happen to most
> of the Windows users who use an anti virus solution. Maybe this will not
> happen if the binary is signed (rant...).

This should fix itself over time.  Norton is looking at several risk
factors. Two of them are how old the file is and how many other Norton
customers have also installed it. A three-day old file that no one
else has installed is going to look risky.

We can also request that our installer be "whitelisted" by Symantec,
once we have an approved release:

https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/isv/new/

But note that this would need to be done for every language, since the
file names and hashes are different.

-Rob