incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Has the AOO 3.4 RC been released?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 07:38:05 GMT
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Is there any reason why the developer snapshots, r1325589, the same files as currently
linked as RC1 candidates, can't simply be used under the condition that they are not yet releases
but are essentially feature-frozen and stable (but for any last-minute show-stopper bugs)?
 They should not be redistributed or placed in product yet, of course.

Dennis, this has been true for dev snapshots for the last month now.
Many of us have been using them in our daily work.

> I.e., aren't these worthy of QA and exercising as suitable for upgrading of OpenOffice.org
3.3.0: <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots>?

Ditto for QA.  That's where the bug reports have come from -- people
using the dev snapshots.

-Rob