incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: status update and plan
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:56:31 GMT
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Jürgen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On 4/2/12 1:31 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to give short update where we are and how I would like to
>> move forward.
>>
>> A detailed QA report was sent by Lily already. Thanks for that
>>

>> Showstopper Issues:
>> - Bug 119098 - check/adapt license header based on RAT output and SGA
>>
>> Work in progress, we have 68 files left that are part of the SGA and we
>> are working on these files. Either we add a license or include them in
>> the exclude list with an appropriate comment.
>>
>> - Bug 119113 - bundled dictionaries are not available when upgrading OOo
>> 3.3
>>
>> Fix in place that will be tested right now
>>

>> LICENSE/NOTICE
>> We are working on this and we are working to update the existing files
>> for the src releasse. And we create NOTICE/LICENSE snippets that will be
>> added to the src NOTICE/LICENSE file for our binaries.
>>
>> A new issue will be created for this.
>>
>> Plan is to have everything in place until tomorrow.
>>
>> Translation
>>
>> We take the updated translations from Pootle (or from issues) and
>> convert them back into sdf files and integrate them in the svn. Already
>> done for "es". External provided po files will be updated on Pootle as
>> well (as already done for Finnish, thanks Risto for the update)
>>
>> This should be also finished tomorrow so that we can start a RC build
>> immediately after everything is in place.
>>

>> I hope we can deliver a nice Easter egg for all of us and especially for
>> our users ;-)
>>

> ok some more problems came up and should be solved now. Hopefully the RAT
> output becomes clean with the latest patches.
>
> I have updated the languages that are available on Pootle. External
> received po files are synced in Pootle as well.
>
> When the build bot tonight will succeed and my local test build with the
> languages "en-US ar de cs fr es gl it ja zh-CN pt-BR nl hu ru zh-TW fi"
> will succeed as well, we can start a new build tomorrow.
>
> Ok when I am able to check in the files, currently svn is not talking with
> me :-(
>
> More info tomorrow ...
>
> Anyway this build is intended to become our first RC. But before we start
> voting we should take a closer look on it.
>
> Translation coverage:
> ar      Arabic          95%     1%
> cs      Czech           99%     91%
> de      German          98%     97%
> es      Spanish         100%    100%
> fi      Finnish         100%    97%
> fr      French          100%    100%
> gl      Galician                98%     55%
> hu      Hungarian               100%    98%
> it      Italian         99%     100%
> ja      Japanese                97%     97%
> nl      Dutch           100%    99%
> pt_BR   Portuguese Brazil               100%    97%
> ru      Russian         99%     97%
> zh_TW   Chinese (China)         99%     99%
> zh-CN   Chinese (Taiwan)                98%     98%

If we look at visitor's to the www.openoffice.org website and the languages
they specify in the browser,the distribution is like:

en_us 50%
de 12%
en_gb 4%
ru 4%
fr 2%
es 2%
it 2%
ja 2%
pl 2%
zh_tw 2%
pr_br 1%
nl 1%
sv 1%
da 1%
zh_cn 1%
tr 1%

So it looks like we have the major languages covered well.  Except British
English?  Do we have a separate translation there?  Or at least a separate
spell checking dictionary?

-Rob