incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [www][DISCUSS]"Planet" AOO?
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 22:30:48 GMT
On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Something to think about without hurry, maybe after 3.4 release: to
> create a "planet" to aggregate blogs and other content generated by
> commiters and other volunteers.

As others have mentioned Apache committers can submit their feed for
the Apache-wide planet.

Running your own planet is not that hard either.  I did one for a
number of years for ODF-related blogs, before transferring it (and the
domain name) to the OpenDoc Society:

http://planet.opendocumentformat.org/

That ran on the "Planet Venus" software that Sam Ruby maintains.  It
is python.  It generates HTML output.  Run it on a cron job every 15
minutes or hour and you are done.  Adding new blogs/feeds requires
updating a configuration file.

-Rob