incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pages in the social media
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:08:07 GMT
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Thanks Andrea.
>
> On Apr 28, 2012, at 12:07 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> Rob Weir wrote:
>>> In return, and to demonstrate that this is not about control on my
>>> part,  I'm happy to listen to any proposal you [Alexandro] might have regarding
>>> open PPMC access to the Twitter account.  And if you make your Twitter
>>> account just as openly available to PPMC members as I've done with the
>>> new one, then I'll be happy to notify followers of the new Twitter
>>> account that they should follow the one that you turn over to PPMC
>>> control.
>>
>> This is a very reasonable proposal and it would be a positive, constructive outcome
of this long discussion. Just to clarify, I'm not personally interested in managing any of
the "social" OpenOffice channels, let alone posting content there: I would just like that
the project has one clear official channel on each social media, with shared access. Users
are already confused enough.

> On Apr 28, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>
>> It would be good if you close those accounts and work with the ones
>> that were already working. Like I said before doesnt make sense to
>> duplicate efforts.
>

> Agreed. Now if Alexandro and Rob will just work together... on management, tools and
strategy. It will be great. I'm looking forward to it.

I think you miss the point entirely, Dave.  This is not about
Alexandro. This is not about me.  This is about what the PPMC wants.
We've already had a discussion on this list about official pages and
the decisions from that thread have already been implemented.  those
pages are under PPMC control.  We did not need anything from Alexandro
to do that.  We still don't.

-Rob