incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Volunteers needed: To update NL download pages later this week
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:41:29 GMT
The following tasks are on the wiki and need owners:

Manually update the downloads from the Arabic NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Czech NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the German NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Spanish NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the French NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Hungarian NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Galacian NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Italian NL homepage and
subpages (pescetti)
Manually update the downloads from the Japanese NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Dutch NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Brazilian NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Russian NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Simplified Chinese NL homepage
Manually update the downloads from the Traditional Chinese NL homepage

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks

Only one of them has an owner (Thanks, Andrea!)

What needs to be done?

We need someone to review these NL pages and identify what needs to be
changed to support the AOO 3..4 release.

Changes to consider:

1) Branding changes (OpenOffice.org -> Apache OpenOffice)

2) Updates to download location,  for the 3.4 releases instead of the
3.3 release

3) References to the old LGPL license need to be changed to Apache 2.0 License

4) References to old NLC email addresses, marketing leads, etc., need
to be replaced by the new Apache email lists.

5) Other similar changes.

You don't need to do a complete rewrite of the pages.  But we should
"refresh" the page with information on the AOO 3.4 release.

Timeline looks like this:

-- Wednesday May 2nd -- Vote ends on approving the 3.4 release

-- Thursday-Friday -- Update the mirrors with the release, test the
new download websites.

-- Over the weekend, additional website updates and testing

-- Monday or Tuesday, if everything is working well, then we make
public announcement

So ideally we would have the NL website updates done at the end of
this week.   However, we should not make them be live on the
production server until after the mirrors are populated.  Maybe
easiest way to coordinate is to submit patches for the changes into
BZ?

Any other ideas?

Any volunteers?

-Rob