incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:23:19 GMT
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 4/28/12 1:40 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:
>>>

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks
>>>
>>> Please review this task list and see if anything is missing.   It
>>> would be great to confirm that this list is complete and to have a
>>> volunteer's name listed against each one of these tasks.
>>>

>> I added a new task, now #2.  Once we have the final files approved we
>> should "whitelist' them with Symantec, so users will get fewer
>> false-hits from anti-virus.
>>
>> https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/isv/new/
>>
>> Among the information they need is URL and SHA256 hash. It looks like
>> each language will need to be submitted separately.
>

> Ok we have currently sha1 and sha512 checksums, should we skip one of them
> in favor of sha256?

Maybe we can simplify this in future release, but in this case we did
vote on a release with sha1 and sha512, so I think we need to keep
those.   And in the future we probably solve this with code signing.

But for 3.4 Symantec allows us to provide a sha256 instead of code
signing.   This signature does not need to be in the distribution.  It
is only uploaded to Symantec on their "whitelisting" form.

I don't know if it matters, but they recommend using this tool:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897441.aspx

-Rob