incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: #ifdef __cplusplus in CoinMP (Solaris Studio)
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 12:34:46 GMT
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Jean-Louis 'Hans' Fuchs <
jean-louis.fuchs@adfinis-sygroup.ch> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have the following error when compiling CoinMP.cpp
>
> "CoinMP.h", line 114: Error: Multiple declaration for COIN_MSGLOG_CB.
> "CoinMP.h", line 120: Error: Multiple declaration for COIN_LPITER_CB.
> "CoinMP.h", line 127: Error: Multiple declaration for COIN_MIPNODE_CB.
> "CoinMP.h", line 131: Error: Multiple declaration for MSGLOGCALLBACK.
> "CoinMP.h", line 136: Error: Multiple declaration for ITERCALLBACK.
> "CoinMP.h", line 142: Error: Multiple declaration for MIPNODECALLBACK.
> 6 Error(s) detected.
> gmake[3]: *** [CoinMP.lo] Error 1
>
> I think I found the problem in CoinMP.h:
>
> 109 #ifdef __cplusplus
> 110 extern "C" {
> 111 #endif
>
> Here __cplusplus is not defined, I tested that with a #error. I don't know
> a good solution. Probably the best one is to define it via CPPFlags. If you
> need to look for an alternative define, I use Solaris Studio. I'm glad to
> help with more information or tests.

Would it be possible, to define +cplusplus in your environment?  If so,
that would be the easiest solution.

Also, we're trying to avoid making modifications to the 3rd party
components, like CoinMP, that we include in OpenOffice.  Where at all
possible we want to push the patches upstream and then pick up the fixes
when we integrate their future revisions.

So I would recommend that you also report any CoinMP-related integration
issues with that project:  https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinMP

Regards,

-Rob