incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WWW] Australian OO site
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 22:01:50 GMT
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob,
> I'd suggest rather than "normalizing" one simply approaches the site owner and talk:
inform them of the new order, as it were.

It will be an easier conversation once we have a community icon, and
guidance for these kinds of things.  Otherwise, what would we be
asking them to do right now, if anything?

But maybe it would be useful to make a list of such extended community
promotion properties, websites as well as Facebook, Twitter, Google+,
etc., and send them some materials once the AOO 3.4 release is
imminent.  A press pack of sorts.  A summary of what is new in AOO
3.4, some screen shots, some info on the project at Apache, etc.  If
we have a a special "download" or other community icon, we could
include that.

The idea would make it easy for them to update and communicate to
their audience about AOO 3.4

We can "normalize" later, I agree.

-Rob