incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Symphony contribution logistics
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:10:27 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM, drew jensen
<drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 10:32 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> Wearing my IBM hat for a minute...
>>
>> We're putting the final touches on our Symphony contribution.   The
>> contribution will look something like this:
>>
>> 1) A source tree
>>
>> 2) An SGA that covers IBM intellectual property in that source tree
>>
>> 3) A set of binary install images, for the convenience of project
>> members wishing to review this contribution
>>
>> 4) Some written material that describes in detail the enhancements
>> made in Symphony compared to OpenOffice.
>>
>> The source tree is comparable in size to OpenOffice, so it will not be
>> possible for us to just check it in without interfering with Apache
>> SVN mirroring.  So I'm proposing that we (IBM) will make a local SVN
>> repository, check the code into there, and then generate a dumpfile
>> from SVN that we can share with Infra, and which they can schedule for
>> import.
>>
>> I propose that we put this tree here:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/symphony/trunk
>>
>> Once we've made the contribution, and once the community has had the
>> opportunity to review what is there, we can then have a discussion on
>> how we can make best use of this contribution to advance the project.
>>
>> Does this sound right?
>

>> Any concerns?
>
> Yeah, a few - but I'll wait for the release to happen first.

We intend to make the contribution immediately after the 3.4 release.
We're doing the work now.  That's why I'm bring this up now.

If you withhold your concerns until after the 3.4 release then we may
be unable to address your feedback until after the contribution is
made.

-Rob