incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:59:39 GMT
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks
>>
>> Please review this task list and see if anything is missing.   It
>> would be great to confirm that this list is complete and to have a
>> volunteer's name listed against each one of these tasks.
>>

> Hi Rob --
>
> I just took a very quick look and added some verbiage to item #4. We need
> some test time after these changes are in place--maybe even a  day.

OK.

> On item #3--
>
>  "Make a copy of the the older MirrorBrain-enabled download/index.html and
> download/other.html pages.  Put them in a download/330 directory.  Add a
> disclaimer notice that these are not Apache releases, but legacy releases
> under a different license."
>
> I don't see the need for a download/330/index.html.
>
> I think what you're getting at is a standalone page complete with the DL
> button generation for 3.3 which I feel is  something we don't need for this
> earlier version. I would think just putting out a download/330/other.html.
>So
> It would probably be a good idea for this old "other" to at least provide
> links for release notes for it though.
>
> and linking people to that would be sufficient.

I can see arguments either way.  On the one hand, the OOo 3.3
downloads is merely for archival use.  On the other hand, AOO 3.4 does
not cover all languages supported by OOo 3.3, so we need some easy way
for users to continue to get access. If you think  a copy of the 3.3.0
version of other.html is sufficient, then let's go with that.