incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject After AOO 3.4?
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:32:50 GMT
I'm already starting to get questions on what we'll be doing after AOO
3.4 is released.  Based on previous conversations on this list, I'm
able to speak confidently about a few things:

1) We'll probably graduate to a Top Level Project

2) IBM says they will contribute Symphony source code after 3.4 is released

3) We have some initial feature ideas for AOO 4.0 on the wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Feature+Planning

4) We also have some ideas listed for an AOO 4.1:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Feature+Planning

Beyond that, do we have anything to say?

I've heard some discussions that we might want an AOO 3.4.1, which would:

A) Add some additional translations

B) Fix any important bugs that are found in AOO 3.4

C) Uncertain if it would have new features?

What time frame would this be?  It seems like it takes around 4-6
weeks to iterate on dev builds, do regression testing, cut a Release
Candidate, have a two-stage release vote and get the new build
distributed.  So it seems it would need to be at least that far out,
plus whatever time it takes to do the translations and bug fixing.

Does anyone want to start a wiki page for AOO 3.4.1 and start
collecting proposed translations and bugs for that release?

-Rob