incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Who can help modify the licese page?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:24:30 GMT
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Lily;
>
> --- Gio 5/4/12, xia zhao <lilyzhao8@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> Data: Giovedì 5 Aprile 2012, 22:03
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On the lincese page, http://www.openoffice.org/license.html. It still
>> saying "developers could use the Creative Commons
>> Attribution License
>> ("Attribution-NoDerivs
>> 2.5"<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.5/>).
>> SUN/Oracle only accepted work under this license that was
>> non-editable and
>> for which there was no editable version that could be
>> contributed to the
>> project.".
>>

> If you notice carefully, the phrase is in past tense and
> applies only to legacy releases.
>
>> Who can help modify this page?
>>

> I think a review to the whole page is desirable for
> the new release. Any committer can change it using
> the Apache CMS bookmarklet or SVN. The big question
> is what to write in there.

Is there a reason why the page should mix together copyright
statements on the website as well as license statements on the
releases?  Especially since this link appears on every page, it is
confusing.

If it were up to me I'd have the site copyright statement only here,
and put the release license link on the download pages only.

-Rob