incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Live testing of SF download mirrors
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 18:44:11 GMT
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Mark Ramm <mark@geek.net> wrote:

>> 2) I have not done any timings, but the download speed seems slower,
>> at least the time taken until the download is actually started.
>>

> We are working through some issues where the CDN edge servers are not
> pre-populated and the traffic is overwhelming the origin server and are
> resolving the issue with the vendor right now.

It will be good to get an estimate for how long that pre-population
will take.  We have a similar mechanism with the Apache mirrors, where
they are ordinarily synched every 4 hours, but to be safe we should
plan for 24 hours.

So when we finally have Apache OpenOffice 3.4 approved, we should
start this pre-population process, and hold back on widespread public
announcements until the mirrors are ready to handle the traffic.
Hopefully this can be contained within 24 hours.

-Rob

> In the short term we'll be putting some changes in place to improve the
> file download throughput, and should have the CDN
> service pre-populated soon, so we've got both short and long term solutions
> for this in place.
>
> --
> *Mark Ramm*
> Director of Engineering,
> SourceForge Developer Experience
> phone: 734-707-7266
> email: mark@geek.net
> skype: geekmark
>
> ====
> This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s)
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your
system. Thank you.