incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mirrors, release publishing...again
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:19:56 GMT
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all--
>
> Please see:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html
>
> esp the paragraph on "Distribution" sentence...
>
> =======================
> Distribution
>
> The Apache infrastructure must be the primary source for all artifacts
> officially released by the ASF.
>
> The Apache Infrastructure team maintains the Apache release distribution
> infrastructure. This infrastructure has two parts: the mirrored directories
> on www.apache.org and the Maven repository on repository.apache.org.
>
> To me, this means we will use Apache infra and mirrors for the distribution
> of release 3.4, when that happens.

But in our case Apache Infra has agreed that we could/should accept
help from SourceForge due to the size and volume involved in this
release.

I think this statement from Joe is the most recent and authoritative
statement from Infra on this specific topic:

http://markmail.org/message/quwkdctro7dpzyly

-Rob