incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Symphony contribution logistics
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:35:52 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 11:10 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM, drew jensen
>> <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Yeah, a few - but I'll wait for the release to happen first.
>> >

>> We intend to make the contribution immediately after the 3.4 release.
>> We're doing the work now.  That's why I'm bring this up now.
>>
>> If you withhold your concerns until after the 3.4 release then we may
>> be unable to address your feedback until after the contribution is
>> made.
>
> *smile*... well, in that case I have no concerns - I guess it will all
> be quite good, can't wait to see it :)

Note: the thread is about contribution *logistics*, e.g., getting the
bits from here to there is the least disruptive way. If you have any
concerns with my proposal for that, please speak up now.  Anyone. But
I do have some experience with this.  Rememeber, I'm the one who did
this for the initial check-in of the OOo source tree.

If you have concerns with the contents of Symphony, the features, what
we do with the code, etc., then that's a discussion for after we get
the files over.  Unless of course your concerns are so great you want
to prevent the code from being checked in at all.

I fully expect we'll have a lively discussion about "What should we do
with the Symphony contribution?"  But that discussion will only have
an informed technical basis once we've contributed the code.

Make sense?

-Rob