incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google CSE question
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 01:46:19 GMT
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM, drew jensen <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The documentation page on the main site contains a set of CSE boxes.

I assume you are talking about this page:

http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/

> The actual Google CSE's behind those, such as:
> http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=008361175193398611882:u9pfxpvxmte
>
> Who has the ability to update these?

Whoever created them.  But I have no idea who that was.

Recreating these would not be too hard.  Let me know if you want me to
do that.

One advantage of doing this is that we also secure the search data.
As it is now, the data on what searches are being made is being made
available to whoever set up the CSE's originally.  This is probably
not a big risk, but it is messy with respect to our privacy policy.
It is better if this is all under PPMC control.

-Rob