incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:02:16 GMT
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>

> You snipped out the important part:

Sorry, thought you answered your own question there.  But since you
bring it up, there is no requirement for a DISCLAIMER file. There is
however a requirement for making the user aware of the incubation
disclaimer.  See this page, where several options are listed:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#notes-disclaimer

-Rob

> The SDK and Binaries are missing the DISCLAIMER file. Is a missing Incubation DISCLAIMER
in a binary package enough to prevent release? I think probably not, but this may be an edge
case. The application pop-ups do mention "Incubation" and every page linked back to thewww.openoffice.org
shows the Disclaimer...