incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [user guides] Cover art for Apache OpenOffice Getting Started guide
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:59:20 GMT
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this! Here are my first reactions...
>
> I find the gray background a bit gloomy. The name of the book "Getting
> Started" is too small and almost gets lost against the gray
> background.
>
> Also, this is one of a series of books; the others have names like
> Apache OpenOffice Writer Guide, Apache OpenOffice Calc Guide, etc, so
> this one should be Apache OpenOffice Getting Started guide (Sorry, my
> earlier note was misleading about the name.)

That naming convention *might* be a problem.  As I understand it,
"Getting Started Guide for Apache OpenOffice" is OK, but "The Apache
OpenOffice Getting Started Guide" would not be.  They latter name
suggests it is part of Apache OpenOffice.

Compare:  "The Microsoft Office Getting Started Guide for Excel"
versus "Getting Started with Microsoft Excel"

Generally, avoid using "Apache OpenOffice" as an adjective /modifier
unless talking about actual Apache release, e..g, Apache OpenOffice
Calc, etc.

Regards,

-Rob